International Order of the Golden Rule
April 19-21, 2020
Annual Conference & Solution Center
Asheville, North Carolina
Southern Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association
June 28-30, 2020
Annual Convention Exhibits & Sales School
National Funeral Directors & Morticians Association
August 1-6, 2020
83rd Annual National Convention & Expo
National Harbor, Maryland
Cremation Association of North America
August 5-7, 2020
102nd Annual Cremation Innovation Convention
Selected Independent Funeral Homes
Sept. 20 – Oct. 3, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
National Funeral Directors Association
October 18-20, 2020
NFDA International Convention & Expo
New Orleans, Louisiana
Mike founded Southern Calls in September of 2013 and has had the privilege of sharing the People, Places, and Passions of funeral directors across the country—in print and in person—one-on-one and with state convention audiences.
Contact Mike today to schedule him to share his stories at your next convention, conference, or your funeral home.
- The Obsequies of Billy Graham – An incredible, firsthand narrative detailing the funeral services of America’s Pastor.
- Robert L. Waltrip, The Service Corporation International Story – Recounting the landmark interview with the world’s most visionary and famously private funeral conglomerate founder.
- The Finest in Funeral Homes – Behind the scenes at some of the nation’s premier firms: Joseph Gawler’s Sons, Geo. H. Lewis & Sons, and H.M. Patterson & Son.
- The Interview: A Boy from The Heights – Robert L. Waltrip, The Service Corporation International Story
- Behind the scenes: Joseph Gawler’s Sons Geo. H. Lewis & Sons, and H.M. Patterson & Sons
- Follow Your Passion – A fulfilling career in funeral service and finding your calling.
- The State Association – Detailing the experience of serving as an executive director for over two decades.
- The Future of Funeral Conventions & Expos – The evolution of event planning and preparation, leadership, efficiency, and why professional gatherings still matter.
- Editor-in-Chief – The art of the interview, magazine publishing, and creating a brand.
- Purveyors of the Trade: Past & Present – A fascinating, photographic journey showcasing the history of the funeral profession and the importance of its preservation.
“Several years ago I first heard Mike Squires. I had never before encountered a speaker, addressing a group of funeral service professionals, with the passion that Mike does. His ability to tell a story, to engage his listener, to speak to the heart of the matter is a rare gift. Many speak at the funeral profession, but there are very few who have the ability to speak to the profession—not just to educate them but also to inspire them.”
James Funeral Home
Huntersville, North Carolina
Got an event that you want to tell us about? Let us know! Or, contact us to book Mike Squires for an upcoming speaking engagement.
If you’ve never been to Brewton, Alabama, you may not know this city of 5,100 is on the border of Central Alabama and the panhandle of Florida. You also might not know that Alabama’s Blueberry Festival is held here annually or that Kevin Sumlin, former coach of the...
Take a step back in the life of an undertaker when you walk into Tommy Begg’s Funeral Museum in Madison, Florida. Visit the original coffin shop with boxes of original ornaments and hardware, his restored 1918 Dodge hearse, the first motorized hearse in Florida, and...
The Solemn Journey to AbileneA Look Back at the Eisenhower Funeral Train By Bob Boetticher, Sr. Chairman, National Museum of Funeral History The first of an 8-Part Series focused on the History of Presidential Funeral Trains On March 28, 1969, the world learned that...
Join Our Newsletter
Sign up for our email newsletter to periodically receive article updates, industry news, and details about new issues before they are released.